News You May Not Have Heard About
(The information below is not meant to scare you but to inform you.)
NOTE: Feel free to pass this newsletter on to others to help them be informed and learn something from the teachings also. Should they want to receive this newsletter, have them go to www.torah-truths.com and fill-in the form and click on the Submit button.
- Does Anthony Weiner’s Mother-in-Law Condone the Rape of her Daughter?
- Video: America the Beautiful and a July 4th S.O.S.
- Conservative Politicians Hall of Shame
- BENADOR: At 236, America Needs a Revolution
- Obama Censors the Declaration of Independence
- Whatever Happened to Occupy Wall Street
- When Loving Your Country Marks You As A Domestic Terrorist
- Negotiations Behind U.S. Sanctions Against Iran
- Immigration Reform News and Impact on US Homeland Security July 3, 2012
- Rahm Emmanuel’s Confounding CAIR Appointment
- America’s Ugly Mood
- Frustrated Montana woman tells it like it is
- Tax Or Mandate? It’s Hardly a Dilemma
- Liberalism’s Biggest Lie
- Obama and IBM Create Massive Data Mining Initiative
- Can Americans Escape the Deception?
- Are You A Slave Of The System?
- U.S. police behind most requests for Twitter information
- Twitter Ordered to Turn Over Data on Occupy Protester
- Con Ed wins case for $1.7 million in back rent from Ground Zero mega-mosque developer
- Lutherans call for an Islamic East Jerusalem
- Global Church wants full onion with an antichrist in Rome
- Superheroes for Planned Parenthood? Marvel Comics to support the Komen foundation
- Video: Liberal Filmmaker sees the real Islam; wakes up
- Muslim Police Officer in Ohio Fired; CAIR files lawsuit
- DARPA & Raytheon Create AI Wiki to Database Events and People
- New Hampshire Adopts Jury Nullification Law!
- 3 former NSA employees expose in court ‘mass illegal surveillance’ program
- Congress Plays See-No-Evil With NSA Domestic Spying
- Action Alert: U.S. Navy’s Testing Programs Threatening Oceans
- Man Arrested, Tried In Secret For Non-Payment Of Tax
- Americans & career politicians make a mockery of Independence Day
- Sacrificing to the Sacred Owl
- Detective probes Obama Social Security mystery
- Trump: Obama will start Iran war to win election
- Did FBI agent really see ANGELS at 9/11 crash site?
- And finally, the IRS gets audited!
- U.S. Sends Large Number of Warships and Planes to Persian Gulf
- June 2012: Thirty Days of Slaughter – Over 1173 Dead – Welcome to Islam
- Seeds of World War 3: Hezbollah and Iran say they will fight with Assad to defend Syria against any invasion
- Hundreds of paedophiles identified in global sweep
- Balochistan: Crossroads of Another US Proxy War?
- Mofaz demands PM decision on haredi draft ‘within days’
- Plesner recommendations: 80% of eligible haredim to serve by 20Torah Truths News16
- Haredi leader: Everyone must study Torah, no compromises
- Israelis have a legal right to settle all Judea and Samaria
- Al-Jazeera: Arafat was poisoned by radioactive isotope
- Palestinians seek more UNESCO site recognitions
- Media PSYOP to Justify NATO Invasion?
- ‘Crimes Against Humanity’ Cited in Report on Syria’s Torture Network
- IAF strikes Hizballah targets in Lebanon
- Turkish government ordered 2007 torture and murder of Christian publishers
- Morocco: Imam says newspaper editor “must be killed” for calling for individual rights for Moroccan people
- Egypt: Islamic supremacists stab man to death for walking with woman
- Iraq: Sunni Muslims use truck bomb hidden amid watermelons to murder 40 Shi’ites
- Bishops swear to obey the Pope as “Vicar of Christ”
- Kissing an gold idol on the ring of the Pope
- Terrorism, Mass Murder, Aliens: Plans of Global Elite for 2012 Olympics
- Spain’s Stolen Children: Catholic Church Caught Child Trafficking 300,000 Kids to Sell in Adoption
- Israel’s economy is strong ahead of credit rating reports
- Barclays CEO Resigns Under a Cloud of Criminal Allegations
- Bank Of America And Countrywide: “It Was The Worst Deal In the History Of American Finance, Hands Down!”
- European and American Governments Encourage Bank Manipulation and Fraud to Cover Up Insolvency
- UKIP Nigel Farage on collapsing Eurozone
- What Happens If Record Heat Causes Crop Failures Throughout The U.S?
- This Modern Convenience May Trigger ADHD and Other Behavior Problems
- Major Drug Company to Pay at Least $1.5 Billion Over Fraudulent Risperdal Marketing
- The Health Benefits of Turmeric – by Nicole Nutter
- Oregano Shown to Kill Prostate Cancer Cells!
- Let’s celebrate?: Estimated 30 million lives sacrificed for 5 million ‘test tube babies’
- Dietary Supplement Scaremongering by the FDA
- UN Biosafety Guidelines Responsible for Infected Mosquitoes
- Monsanto’s Cloned Growth Hormone rBST Still Contaminates US Milk
- Unknown disease kills 60 children in Cambodia
- ‘Business as usual’ at Mississippi’s last abortion clinic after judge blocks law at 11th hour
- DOMA decision appealed to the U.S. Supreme Court
- Opposition to relentless push for euthanasia legalization in Australia
- 18 Vets a Day Are Killing Themselves in the United States
Heritage House Ministries will be hosting the 7th Annual
Love for Israel Conference July 13th – 15th, 2012
The Theme for the Conference is:
Kimberly Rogers of Beastwatch News, and Laura Densmore of Hebrew Nation News Alerts, team up as two “watchwomen on the wall” to report on headlines and highlights of the news this week as it relates to end of days Bible Prophesies. Each week these two watchwomen have an interesting dialogue as they comment on and discuss current news headlines of the week and how they relate to the End of Days Bible Prophesy. This show will air every Friday 9am Pacific Time and repeats at 5pm Pacific Time and if you miss it, you can listen to it anytime on demand. I encourage ever one to listen in on this weekly broadcast.
Stories covered in this show:
- Supreme Court Upholds Obamacare Bill: Discussion
- President Declares National Emergency: Threat of Nuclear Proliferation: Russia and Highly Enriched Uranium (HEU) Agreement
- Russian Air Force Holds War Games in Arctic
- Colorado Wildfires Expands Viciously, Obama Plans Visit on Friday (Speculations and discussion)
- Will Obama use this “emergency” to institute martial law?
- Rep. Allen West rightfully warns of Sharia Compliant Finance
- Black Helicopters Seen in Multiple States as Pentagon’s Deployment of 20,000 Troops Inside US Set to be Ready this Year
- Turkey/Syria border heats up
- Muslim brotherhood ties from the White House/State Dept to Egypt’s Morsi
- Assad says Syria at war as battle reaches capital
- Putin visits Netanyahu in Israel: Talks focus on Rising Islamist Power
- Russia Warns Israel “Don’t Rush to Strike Iran”
- Global economy update
- Close in Amos 9: 9-15 and prayer
To listen to the live report or download the recorded report click on –> “The 1260 Report.”
Isaiah 66:1-2 “1 Thus said יהוה (Yahweh), “The heavens are My throne, and the earth is My footstool. Where is this house that you build for Me? And where is this place of My rest? 2 And all these My hand have made, and all these that exist,” declares יהוה (Yahweh). “Yet to such a one I look: on him who is poor and bruised of spirit, and who trembles at My Word.” “
Humility is the key to oneness with God. Consequently, it is also the key to oneness with our brethren. God’s way of achieving oneness is for each person to be so attuned to God that he is motivated to do everything possible to ensure that the relationship (with God or fellow man) is not only unbroken, but constantly becoming ever closer. We should do this because we are striving to become like Him, and that is how He is.
Each person is responsible for cleaning up his character and humbling himself before God. Each is not responsible for judging his brother so critically it drives a wedge between them and separates them. Such a person does not even see his own sin! In such a case, he could not be in God’s Kingdom because that manner of thinking would continue right on into it, and God will not allow it there.
John W. Ritenbaugh
Excerpted from: Pride, Humility, and the Day of Atonement
- Bible Places–Joppa (Jaffa)
- Jim Staley- Feast of First Fruits
(NOTE: This video is 1:17:38 long.)
- Union Gospel Mission
- The Truth about The Cross
- Illuminati Corporate Logos
- Roots of True Worship… And the Revival of Truth in the Last Days
- Deir Alla Inscription
- Lost World Of Doggerland: Parts Of Britain’s Sunken Stone Age Atlantis Discovered
- Amazing Alien Landscape On Earth: Spectacular Marble Caves Of Chile
- Shadows of Messiah: The Declaration of Independence
- Lawlessness Will Abound
- The Christian Nation Myth
The Dietary Laws by Brad Scott
I am always constantly amazed when I search out modern Christian commentaries concerning the subject of food or diet. Rarely, and I do mean rarely, is the background of the controversy ever consulted. We have discussed before that much of what Sha’ul says is assumed and not explained in the text. Phrases like: letter of the law, in the spirit, the old man, in the flesh, the cup of blessing, sons of light, fulfilled, hidden with Christ, the middle wall of partition, adoption, and hundreds of others are already understood by Sha’ul’s audience. So it is with Romans chapter 14. Sha’ul uses several terms here that are not defined in the text. Much of what he says here he already taught in Corinth, and the context is similar.
In 1 Corinthians 8 and 10 Sha’ul is dealing with young, immature believers who are seeing more mature believers eating FOODS offered to idols at the market place. The older believers are not eating unclean things, they are eating FOOD offered to idols. The subject, as usual, is not an issue of a change in what God has declared unclean to eat. The subject is FOOD offered to idols and causing a WEAKER brother to stumble at this. Sh’aul explains that idols are nothing, i.e. they are impotent, and that the food is not changed by the offering. If a weaker brother sees this and does not understand, then their conscience can be wounded or damaged. The FOODS that are mentioned here are FOODS that have been offered to pagan gods and then sold at the market place. Weaker brothers would see these FOODS being bought and were concerned that the brethern were being cursed and defiled by these foods, and so we are immediately reminded of what Yeshua said about someone being defiled by eating FOOD. We have already defined from the Old Testament what FOOD is. Sha’ul recommends that if a weaker brother is offended by this, then it is better not to eat these FOODS. There is no defining of what a WEAK brother is, or any reference to the dietary instructions.
In 1 Corinthians 8:9 Sha’ul says, “But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumbling block to them that are weak”. What liberty is he talking about? In context these are more mature believers who have been set free from their old or previous life. To sacrifice and partake of FOODS offered to idols was believed to be taking on the nature of the idols and becoming one with them and bound to servitude. These older or stronger believers were not sacrificing to the gods, for they are now serving the one true God, which Sha’ul reminds them of in verses 5 and 6. The FOOD they are buying in the market place is just FOOD. The weaker brothers however, have not this knowledge (vs. 7) and when they eat they still eat as if they were offering to idols. The ones who have liberty are not those who have been freed from obeying the one true God! They have been freed from their pagan practices, and the weaker brothers are those who have not come to that knowledge yet.
Before we address the context and background of Romans 14, let’s define some of the words. What we are going to address is the fact that most modern Christian commentators define a weak brother as one who is still struggling to obey the commandments of God. The strong brother is one who, through Christ, has been set free from these burdens. This is how they are defined today and this is what is brought back into the Romans text. But is this what the scriptures teach? We know from the record of the gospels that Yeshua obeyed His Father perfectly. He lived His life according to Torah and observed all of the Lord’s feasts and sabbaths. According to modern definitions, Yeshua was weak in the faith. We know from the accounts of the early disciples in the book of Acts, that Sha’ul, Kefa, Yochanan, and Ya‘aqov were still faithful to Torah and observing the feasts and sabbaths of the Lord. Were these weak in the faith? The gospel, according to Romans 1:16, went to the Jew first and then to the Greek. Was this order given so that the gospel would begin with the weak in the faith? Are we to believe that Moshe, Avraham, David, Elijah, or Daniel were all weak in the faith? I believe that this doctrine has it’s roots in the erroneous teaching that faith is simply an intellectual assent to certain propositions ABOUT God and not in trusting God. I believe this teaching has led to it’s natural conclusion: that the evidence of a “new life” is comprehending this new found freedom from obedience to God. The more that one does what is right in his own eyes, the stronger and more mature the believer is. The strong in the Lord are those who are now made free from God’s demands. Oh really!
Weak in the Faith
So what does it mean to be “weak in the faith”? We have already defined the word “faith” in previous lessons. I would suggest that you might want to go back and reread that lesson when you get an opportunity. The word “weak” comes from the greek word astheneo. This word is translated in the New Testament as weak, sick, disease, or without strength (Mattityahu 10:8, Yochanan 6:2, 1 Corinthians 2:3, Romans 15:1). This word describes one who is without, or lacking, whether physical or spiritual. This Greek word, of course, is taken from several Hebrew words in the LXX. The most used word, however, is the word raphah. To some of you this word may be very familiar. One of the Lord’s titles is YHVH RAPHAH, or the Lord who heals. These words are cognates, that is, they are related to each other. The word raphah means to be sick, diseased, weak, or feeble. It is very interesting and typical that virtually the same word that means sickness is the same word “to heal”. This concept was understood by the physician Maimonides, which led to the vaccines used today. It was discovered many years ago that some diseases can be cured by actually giving the victim the disease. This, of course, is how you and I are delivered from sin. Yeshua had to actually become sin for us in order to heal us (2 Corinthians 5:21). Is that not awesome?
In Yirmeyahu (Jeremiah) 6:24 we have a typical use of the word for weak;
“We have heard the report of it; our hands grow FEEBLE; anguish hath taken hold of us, and pain, as of a woman in travail.”
In D’varim (Deuteronomy) 31:6 we have a contrast of strong and weak used;
“Be strong and of good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them; for the LORD thy God, he it is who doth go with thee; he will not FAIL thee, nor forsake thee.”
In Mishlei (Proverbs) 24:10 we have the use of weak as being faint;
“If thou FAINT in the day of adversity, thy strength is small.”
In every occurrance of this word the idea is that of lacking, or wanting. Is this a word used to describe those who trust and obey God? Remember that obedience is better than sacrifice.
In Mishlei 4:13 we have another use of the word for weak;
“Take fast hold of instruction; LET HER NOT GO. Keep her; for she is thy life.”
Does it sound like the weak are those who are free from God’s laws?
Strong in the Lord
Let us see who the strong in the Lord are. The Greek word for strong is enounamoo.
Romans 4:19-20 says;
“And being not WEAK in the faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about a hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sarah’s womb. He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief, but was STRONG in the faith, giving glory to God,…”
Avraham trusted in God and listened to him. Avraham was strong in the faith because he trusted in God’s way and not his own, in spite of what those around him were probably telling him. Listen to what Luke says in his gospel, chapter 1:80;
“And the child grew, and became STRONG in spirit, …”
and again; “And the child grew, and became STRONG in spirit, filled with wisdom; and the grace of God was upon him.”
Yeshua was raised in the scriptures. His wisdom and understanding would have come from his learning and clinging to the words of His Father. In Acts 9:22 we are told that Sha’ul increased in strength. In Acts 24 and 28 we are told that Sha’ul kept Torah and observed the Lord’s feasts. Sha’ul was not increasing in strength by turning away from Torah! In Ephesians chapter six we have the well known verses dealing with the armor of God. In verse 10 we are told to be STRONG in the Lord and in the power of HIS might. Verses 11-18 are symbolic images that are taken from the Old Testament. All these images are references to the word of God. It is God’s word in all its facets that protect us from the enemy. To be strong is not to be free from his commands, but to trust in them for they are our life according to the Psalmists. See also Philippians 4:13, 1 Timothy 1:12-13, 2 Timothy 2:1, 2 Timothy 4:17-18, and Hebrews 11:34.
The Hebrew word for strong is primarily chazak. This word means to be strong, mighty, or to hold fast. This word is used over three hundred times in the Tanakh. It is usually used of physical strength, but as we have continually observed, the physical things are given to us to describe spiritual realities (Yochanan 3:12). One of the most revealing uses of being strong in the Lord is found in Y’hoshua 1:5-9;
“There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with thee; I will not FAIL thee, nor forsake thee. Be STRONG and of good courage; for unto this people shalt thou divide for an inheritance the land which I swore unto their fathers to give them. Only be thou STRONG and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses, my servant, commanded thee; turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper wherever thou goest. This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth, but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is writtin therein; for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. Have not I commanded thee? Be STRONG and of good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed; for the LORD thy God is with thee wherever thou goest.”
What a beautiful, simple promise. No wonder Yochanan (John) said in 1 Yochanan 5:1-3;
“Whosoever trusts that Yeshua is the Messiah is born of God; and everyone that loveth him that begot loveth him also that is begotten of him. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and KEEP his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not burdensome.”
Next time we will continue to define who is strong and who is weak according to the scriptures.
- Warning: You Could Lose Your Internet Access!
(July 9th is the deadline on this. Check your DNC to see if you have been infected.)
- How To Communicate If The US Gov’t Shuts Down The Internet
- Katadyn Pocket Water Microfilter
- Reality check: When the power grid goes down, all grid-tie solar systems will go down with it
- 120 Powerful Pieces Of Advice For Preppers
- Rules for Preppers – Staying Under the Radar
- 21 Survival Items to Look for at Yard Sales, Thrift Stores and Garage Sales
- Want to disable Facebook facial recognition? Read this
- Could a new ‘Want’ button be coming to Facebook soon?
- Facebook Changed Everyone’s Email to @Facebook.com; Here’s How to Fix Yours
- Is Prepping Worth it? What if Nothing Happens? Is it all a Waste?
- Easy guide to create a home security safe room for emergency preparedness and survival
- ‘We Know What You’re Doing’ Showcases All The Facebook Updates You Shouldn’t Make Public
- Brilliant Idea: Scientists Create Toilet Which Turns Poo Into Electricity
- Guess What’s Missing From Your “Bug-Out” Bag?
- Four ways prepping can make your life better, right now
- Survival Reading – Books for the Summer Book Bag
- CERN physicists announce they are 99% certain they have found illusive Higgs boson particle
- World’s Thinnest Screen Created From A Soap Bubble
- 6 Ways to Prepare For Going Off-Grid
REMEMBER: “It is Better to be Divided by TRUTH than United with ERROR.”
It is my hope that all receiving this Headline News Brief will have a refreshing and blessed day and coming weekend.
Yahweh help us daily that we may be counted worthy to be protected from the enemy. Hide us under Your Protective Wings.
Eddie Rogers, Minister
NOTICE: You are receiving this Newsletter with Teachings because you either signed up to receive this Newsletter with Teachings or your name was submitted to be added to the mailing list. If you no longer wish to receive this Newsletter with Teachings, please reply and ask to unsubscribe from the mailing list.